These are the initial sketches I made many years before I began working on manufacturing the headphones.
I also made a 3D model in Maya, and printed it with my university's experimental 3D printer that utilizes sake as binder. As it turns out, sake is not great for 3D printing.
After finishing college, I finally had time to begin working on manufacturing the headphones. I redesigned the outdated look with a more sleek appearance and bright LED lights. I worked with my co-founder to set up the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign and was able to raise 3.5 million dollars to begin manufacturing. After many iterations of 3D modeling, printing, and working with engineers to refine the design, the final prototype was approved for mass production.